Colour my world pretty

Colour my world pretty

Pages

5 Feb 2012

Stolen sunshine


Feeling A little under the weather today. My better half not feeling too well either. It does not help the situation that what has been lately promising to be a great month, weather wise, the past 2 weeks, has now taken a toll to narrate a different story. This morning marked the 1st day of snowfall since the winter began. Mind you, this is supposedly so, the last few weeks of winter where it is unusual to see snow falling. I know others else where would kill for an incy bit more cold and I should be more greatful. I had been looking forward to my final white Christmas but it did not happen, and unlike the other years when snow had been fun and managed to play in it and experience a snow man.

Winter 2008/2009

The 1st experience of a snow man. Very cold days there were you can't even afford to dress up. At-least I couldn't
So yes when there was no snow fall this year I was disappointed, but I got over it, and had already gotten attached to the sun and the new possibilities it offered. Just this week I had embarked on a new journey of capturing golden photographic moments of nature and just random stuff at their bloom and glory. as you will see in the pics to follow. 


If you read my post when introducing Feb, I am sure you have come across a pic' of me similar to the one above, and also bet you wondered then what it could possibly be all about. hahaha sure I was wearing Red which was very convenient, but I simply snapped myself on my way home from the gym, to mark the day when I started intentionally taking shots of my beautiful exteriors and celebrating nature and the soon to start spring season.

Nothing could compare to the uplift in spirit I received from the beauty I discovered in the flowers which are now covered with Snow flakes as we speak. I saw some of my old time favourite colour pallets in the flowers I saw planted in people's porches or along roadsides.










Even managed to rock some shades on other very Good days
D.K (partner in crime) and I doing what we do best - giving my phone's front camera some love
So evidently it had been Good happy days and my camera and I were very excited bout the plans we had up in store, all up until this morning. when I woke up to a slap from the cold and surprisingly so, snowfall right at the gateway of Spring. Now that has gotta be interpreted as a stolen Sunshine or I no longer know how else to communicate why I want back my yesterday.





Okay, as if this was not enough, as the snow kept piling, it started to drizzle as well..that calls for slipping and falling, so I decided to force myself to step out the door at least and make the best of the situation. Well, here is the deal, I have never had an opportunity to have a share on the writings on the beach. I have been to the Mozambique coast yes, but I never thought 'bout writing on the coast like I had seen people do before, hihihi I was still shocked at the site of so much water then. So today because my precious one was not well and constantly on my mind I decided to do a writing on the snow for him.

Get well soon my lovely, miss you more with every new dawn

It's not just a writing, I actually really really really do

3 comments:

  1. making the best with wat u hve...we sure will get to enjoy spring bak home,,,sum earlier than others...i love th flowers tho..esp th blue ones..nna kana it was my 1st tym ke bona snw...nt vry fascinated by th fact tht it makes our surroundings luk as if we are in a huge refregirator bt its purity cn me mezmirising..

    ReplyDelete
  2. nature has heard my cry..the sun is up again *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. summer's surely here now, thank God. The title Stolen Sunshine, mmh it truly captures the reality of the way the winter season creeped into Spring..keep blogging dear :)

    ReplyDelete