Colour my world pretty

Colour my world pretty

Pages

11 Jan 2012

The black Monroe?

Good morning my Haute n' sentimental family. Not my typically favourite sunny day today. It is drizzling outside and as much as I would love some sun, am thankful for the showers 'cause some like my lovely Botswana people are roasting in the scotching ranges of 40-43 degrees today. One thing I die for though is the smell of rain hitting the soils..Eish how I miss Africa..these paved places we live in make us miss out on the beautiful aroma that comes with rain.

Now to the essence of the post..Yesterday was just a regular day where I studied into the night and ennded waking up at an embarassing 2pm with a shift at work for 3:30pm (yes I work part time in the conference and banquetting sectionat a 5* hotel-just saying).


So because I was just headed for work, was wearing black tailored pants and black shoes, requirement at work, which we then finish of with the work chinese collar jacket issued when the shift starts. Decided to throw in some colour to the outfit by pulling in that blue jumper and a scarf for accessory. Completing the casual look I threw in a pair of shades and a clean turn-updo to keep hair of my face for work.

So why the black Monroe? From the moment I stepped in at work, one of the guys I work with looked at me and said "oh hi Marylin Monroe" the other guys heard him and went "yah neh, she is the black Marylin Monroe today" hahahaha that saw me being called Marylin throughout most of the shift. Luckily for you and me I took a few pictures on the bus and while waiting for the train on my way to work.










Now for those of you who do not know Marylin Monroe, she was a very beautiful woman (Resting In Peace). I absolutely love her. She was a style goddess in her own rights in my eyes.. She worked her hair and red lips better than any I can ever recall. She definately makes it to my bookss of Haute n' Sentimental if all goes by the way she carried herself  in a photo shoot and the crisp and poise she displayed with her work.

Yours truly the original Miss Monroe
Could I be re-inventing Marylin? 
hahahaha maybe not...!
But definately she seems to have influenced my style some, because I defo love me an updo

Did an updo for my wedding too..Oh and I actually styled my own hair only realised today when I googled to get pics of Marylin for purpose of this post that the choice of earings look Marilyn inspired too hahaha
Was such an absolute honour to have been given the crown of this legend for a few hours, so it goes without saying that work for me, yesterday was an absolute Joy.

Tip from self: It's ok to be influenced by others, just be selective of how you absorb that influence and use it. However don't loose touch with yourself in the process.

2 comments:

  1. yo taste gal...love the readings that come with the posts as well..keep it up! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx my angel..loving the review :-) *hug*

    ReplyDelete