Colour my world pretty

Colour my world pretty

Pages

10 Jan 2012

fresh from the shelf - New Attitude

Bright and beautiful Tuesday morning it is.. just the right essence of beauty in the eyes of colour freaks like self I suppose. May it be a wonder filled day for yoll my lovely, greatly loved fweeends.  So I gave myself some bit of attention last week as I was up and about on the look out for a top-up to my world of accessory. This year as I mentioned is my year of no reservation, thus with a change of attitude in mind, I held back NOT with exploring new and brighter colours. 


New in the closet: Lemon Yellow & Tangerine Orange - hues of yellow & orange especially can suit just about anyone. Trick is, Just wear them right, remembering to do your skin tone justice. Though it works against me, when working under the sun unprotected in the form of a more than obvious sunburn not tan, resulting in looking like a mud ball, with colour pallettes, us light skinned have very little to worry about.

already owned a few of the shades but got the deepest of the batch most recently


Wondering what could have inspired that direction of new fam' members in the closet??

I have to admit, at some points in time in my journey in life I failed to understand at a level as deep as I do now what she was on about with her out of this world experiments with colour. Now I am a bit more mature ( I hope ) and a tad bit more insightful ( self claim :-D ) and I cant help but thank her for the colourful bone she embedded in me. My reason behind My love, hate relationship with colour.

Bless her soul oh Lord, I love her so much, words will never match up

My very forever young, beautiful and oh so colourful queens - Mother, baby girl of mine

Worth the mention is how very convinient that a week later after my very uninformed recent buy, merely inspired by mom and sparked by a search for new grounds and landing on great finds, as I was just surfing like I always do when uni coursework fails to meet ends with my attempt to complete it, I came around buzz word, which has it going that "Tangerine Tango" in their mention is set out to be the colour of the year. Surely that left me with an obvious upward tweak of the lips without intent. How good it felt to be right on point without effort.

Pantone declared colour of 2012
Amongst other generally mentioned as colours to work, in all spheres of life this year are as  below:


Seeing as I purchased me some new attitude this year I so cant wait to experiment with this bold season I foresee ahead of us all. Keep your eyes open for a sneak into these experiments

And with everything going all brighter before our eyes, look out also for bigger shades. Well you are sure to spot some in my closet anyway. I could use all the help I can get to protect my sight from being blinded by such a beautiful bright year.

I won't hold it against you if you didn't understand..lol

Tip from self: You are in their eyes what you want them to see, so go on, if u want to paint your world gloomy, suit yourself, but don turn around blaming the world for it when it hits you back with a bang.!

1 comment:

  1. um out on a quest to invyt cala in2 my world, preferably my wardrope and an occassional visit 2 ur blog is jus the inspiration i need..as u no um in2 th dark bold calas, y? i gues with tym i'l find out...bt as um insearch of tht ansa,i hope to gain knowledge frm ur fab week 2 week fashion 101 abt th beautiful calas God created...ths tym i promise 2 listen.:)

    ReplyDelete